Buyer – Cornwall
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
An award winning, aspirational clothing brand.
With a background in Buying you’ll be highly experienced in delivering building a sustainable, innovative, profitable and commercial product range. You’ll be brimming with ideas to continue to improve the product offering. You’ll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Direct the merchandising team for the necessary reporting to support your range plan proposal.
• Review current collection, identify gaps and suggest new product areas to add to the collection.
• Be ultimately aware of the competition, present regular reports to the business and take learnings from your research to assist in your own range build.
• Optimise product mix to ensure profit targets are met in line with strategic plans.
• Create Line plan for board sign off with Head of design taking into account Supply base, Quality, Sales and Ecommerce strategy.
• Price & Margin
• Complete regular bench mark retail pricing and costing exercise to ensure realistic targets are set.
• Work with the merchandising team to assemble realistic forecast volumes for the range.
• Create initial season demand forecast and production plan in line with factory capabilities.
• Ensure that production is evenly distributed across the supply base to maintain and improve quality and delivery performance in line with Supply Base Strategy.
• Analyse sales to identify margin contributions and guide future development.
• Share forecasts with suppliers to accommodate growth plans, negotiate best prices, reduce MOQ’s and lead times.
• Capacity plan as necessary with factories to ensure on time delivery can be met.
• Regular onsite visits to suppliers in India, Portugal, China and Turkey to negotiate prices, assist them in managing their supply chain and ensure deadlines are met.
• Order & Delivery
• Actively liaise with suppliers to agree forecast demand and forward orders on raw materials.
• Seek opportunities to trade the range and maximise sales.
• Assemble buys for fabric and stock to ensure all customers requirements by product / size are fulfilled.
• Manage stock fabrics and seconds.
• Responsible for ensuring trackers are accurately maintained and updated by the teams.
• Ensure shipping and goods in are planned to meet company launch dates.
• Ensure necessary packaging and labelling is available to meet production deadlines and suppliers are informed of required trims.
• Coordinate the team to ensure Orders and systems are updated.
• Highly experience in Buying, minimum of 5 years’ in a similar role.
• Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
• Exceptional at negotiating with suppliers for prices, deliveries and terms.
• Experience of travelling to factories outside of the UK and willingness to meet with suppliers to face to face.
• Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
• Able to manage, motivate and lead a small team.
• Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to in a busy environment to tight deadlines.
• Computer literacy.
• Full time, permanent contract, based in Cornwall
• They’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, according to your skills and experience.
• To help save for your future you can join their company pension scheme, including matched contributions.
• A share of the profits – if they have a good year they’ll share it.
• You’ll get a great discount across their fantastic range.
• They’ll invite you to take part in their healthy workplace activities such as lunchtime walks, yoga, etc.
• They hold regular company events organised by their very own ‘Fun’ Committee.
• They offer fabulous career progression and development opportunities. As they grow, you’ll grow too!
• They provide a slightly bonkers but very fun and exciting environment to work in.