Senior Merchandiser – North of England
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum + package
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum + package
The Head office for this role is in the North of England where this role would need to be based for a minimum of 3 days per week.
Recognised Fashion brand – details confidential. Please enquire for more information
Senior Merchandiser – Retail & Ecommerce
• As the Senior Merchandiser you will be accountable for delivery of the Brand’s sales, markdown, margin and stock targets across both retail and ecommerce channels.
• As a key member of the Brand’s team, you will effect the retail merchandising strategy and work with buying, marketing and operations teams to deliver.
• You will lead trading across both retail and ecommerce channels and effectively implement the promotional calendar to ensure commercial targets are met
• You will be accountable for availability of product both in store and online and manage this process through the supply chain.
• Develop detailed budgets to cover sales, markdown, margin and intake
• Provide business re-forecasts when required
• Present budget proposals to Senior management team
• Provide detailed performance v budget insight on weekly basis and recommendations
• Manage the range planning process for both stores/ecommerce using historical analysis, space and option requirement, market data, competitor and trend analysis
• Work closely with Buying and Design team to product competitive retail focused offer
• Develop seasonal promotional calendar and advise marketing department on collateral requirements
• Preparation and implementation of robust promotional proposals to deliver budgets over key trading periods
• Lead team in-season trading and implement solutions to react to product success/failure/delays
• Regular business analysis to determine trends and highlight positive/negative performance and proposals to maximise margin
• Lead weekly trade meeting with buying, merchandising and ecommerce teams
• Efficient management of stock; delivery of terminal targets whilst maximising sales and profit
• Lead team in effective management of retail WSSI
• Manage team in forward sales planning to maintain correct stock levels across all channels
• Capacity planning
• Proactively resolve over stock issues to achieve best return on product possible
• Monitor supply chain to ensure smooth flow of product; prioritise and problem solve when required working with Logistics and Warehousing
• Critical path management to ensure on time delivery and implement strategies to minimise sales loss due to product delays
• Use space analysis to direct product mix at branch level
• Track, measure and analyse outlet tiering model. Recommend changes when appropriate
• Regular branch visits to understand climate and market challenges
• Manage team in allocation process and PLU maintenance
• Working cross functionally to ensure commerciality in VM/marketing
• Lead implementation of online merchandising strategy
• Manage CP to get product online to agreed timescale
• Manage stock flow to ensure optimum online availability in season
• Working with digital and marketing teams effectively manage the user journey and product roadmap to drive online sales
• Track, measure and analyse categories/product featured in campaigns/banners/e-flyers
• Understand KPI’s – google analytics, PPC, SEO and affiliates to input on future direction
• Set and lead the agenda for the weekly trading meetings
• Lead all retail range planning meetings in conjunction with the buying team
• Regular interaction with national sales manager to share information and ensure alignment
• Prepare and deliver merchandise strategy at seasonal retail team meetings
• Ad hoc analysis
• Buying team
• Design team
• Wholesale Merchandise team
• Retail Ops & field team
• Ecommerce team
• Warehousing & logistics partners
• Personal Specification
• Merchandising experience both in traditional retail and ecommerce environment in a Senior Merchandiser role.
• Previous track record of delivering revenue and profit KPI’s through effective trading and stock management.
• Highly numerate, with excellent analytical skills and results driven
• Strong leadership skills with successful experience of managing and developing people.
• Excellent awareness of the brand, the market place and the competition.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload in line with calendar and benchmarks, not being afraid to get into the detail as and when required.
• Ability to multi task and react quickly to trade and effectively to solve problems.
• Able to build effective working relationships at all levels both with colleagues and external partners in a professional manner.
• A confident, proactive team player who encourages team work, positivity and has a can-do attitude.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Experience with in house systems that manage business operations.
• Computer literate.
There will be travel involved as required to stores, suppliers and events.
Performance Measures & Accountability: