Senior Visual Merchandiser – Head Office & Field based
Competitive salary + benefits
Competitive salary + benefits
The Head office for this role is in the North of England where this role would be based for at least 2 days per week.
Recognised Fashion brand – details confidential. Please enquire for more information
As the Visual Merchandiser you’ll develop, deliver and communicate visual concepts and strategies to promote the brand’s products and services in-store across full price, outlets, concession and wholesale.
You will need to collaborate closely with other departments to create the annual visual strategies and promotional events.
This is a creative yet highly commercial role, needing the ability to balance delivering a visual strategy which entertains and excites our customers, alongside one which puts sales results at the forefront of all decisions.
• Work closely with buying, design, marketing and field teams to create and deliver all annual design themes and plans, including windows, in-store displays, signage and pricing concepts
• Density planning to ensure the best use of space to maximise sales
• Maintaining the visual budget, negotiating with suppliers to get the best ROI
• Create visual merchandising packs using CAD packages to communicate visual guidelines including layout principles, visual dressings and signage
• Regular visits to the 12 outlet and 4 full price stores located throughout the UK. Working closely with the field visual and store teams to deliver the visual strategy whilst maximising density and sales.
• Coaching in-store visual merchandising or sales teams to interpret and execute the guidelines
• Conducting ‘comp shops’ to maintain awareness of other retailers’ visual merchandising concepts
• Conducting regular research on current and future trends in design and lifestyle, and associated target markets
• Leading and motivating teams to complete displays to tight deadlines
• Seeking feedback from colleagues and customers on the visual impact of displays and implementing any necessary changes.
• Identifying and sourcing of visual props when necessary
• Presenting strategies and results to the senior management team
• All external agencies and consultants.
• Retail Ops team.
• Retail Merch team.
• Marketing team.
• Design team.
• Buying team.
• Extensive Visual Merchandising experience in apparel, within both a head office and field capacity
• Highly commercial with a track record of delivering results
• Experience of managing a visual budget
• A talent for design, colour and style
• Creative flair and imagination
• Strong interest in current and future design trends
• Visual/spatial awareness
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Engaging and work well with a range of teams
• Flexibility to travel throughout the UK
• Full clean driving license
• Computer literate with CAD skills
There will be regular travel involved as required to stores
Circa 50% travel time throughout the UK
• Increased store sales on LFL against last year.
• Consistent brand and visual message across all sales channels.