up to £47,500 + Benefits
up to £47,500 + Benefits
It’s more than a job. It’s an opportunity to develop talents and skills; to think laterally and challenge the status quo. The people who work here don’t just create products – they all contribute ideas and energy that inspire us to build better passenger experiences.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit which drives us to pursue our vision, supported by a dedicated team who share our belief – from designers and engineers, through to production, sales and support. Being courageous, helpful and ambitious enables us to take on challenges that other manufacturers simply won’t entertain and it’s those qualities we value and nurture in the people we work with
We are currently looking for an experienced Stress Engineer to be accountable for the safe, reliable and optimised structural design of an aircraft seat across multiple programmes. Working with the Engineering Team and the Certification Team, the Stress Engineer will ensure that our products meet the regulatory guidelines and requirements as well as meeting the customer brief in accordance with the programme delivery in terms of structural integrity (strength and impact resistance), stiffness, cost and weight.
• To develop and optimise the structural design of our seating products through performing complex linear and non-linear static and dynamic FE analyses.
• To develop and optimise the structural design of our seating products through performing, standardising and documenting analytical hand calculations, including determining interface loads into seating tracks.
• To develop a right first time approach to engineering through analytical methodology, procedures and documentation. This includes developing a strong correlation between testing and analytical methods.
• Defining, driving, planning, monitoring and controlling your output and that of your reports to ensure achievement of the defined schedule and specification for multiple concurrent projects.
• Collaborate with and support the engineering department to develop their designs from a structural perspective as efficiently as possible.
• Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills are a requirement
• Preparing for, managing and presenting internal and customer engineering reviews
• Build and maintain an intimate knowledge of relevant airworthiness regulations.
• To liaise with all relevant Engineering and Certification teams to ensure all aspects of checking and approvals are met
• Supporting multiple parallel projects and the requirement to accurately estimate the time necessary to complete individual tasks and to work within deadlines.
• Being an effective communicator both internally and externally
• Analysing and optimising both metallic and composite structures that meet customer, structural and regulatory requirements.
• Use the latest analytical processes and materials to ensure innovation is constantly being met
This role requires someone who is still heavily involved in design and development / R&D. The stress team pay a vital part at the start of the product development, new design stage in how components / products perform structurally and how to radically optimise that product (for weight / stiffness etc.) Dynamic experience, crash testing and impulse is highly desirable.
• Strong Mechanical or related Engineering degree ideally as a Stress Engineer
• Stress Engineering experience related to impulse / impact (crash) testing is highly desirable
• Experience of working with design / development engineers to radically optimise products (for weight/stiffness etc.)
• Extensive experience of using a non-linear FEA system
• Extensive experience from an aviation or automotive sector
• Extensive experience of a mechanical engineering related field utilising CAD and FEA for product design, optimisation and development
• Extensive experience of undertaking fundamental engineering hand calculations including determining load cases and stress / stiffness analysis
• Demonstrable experience of technical product ownership
• 3D CAD design engineering experience
• Must be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
• This Stress Engineer role is based near to Crawley