Electronics Design Engineer
£40,000-£50,000 + benefits
£40,000-£50,000 + benefits
My client are looking for an enthusiastic electronics design engineer that can design and develop some exciting new and existing products for optical and acoustic ballistic detection.
An ideal applicant would be an experienced electronics design engineer with a broad understanding of electronics from analogue design, though to microprocessor digital interpretation of the analogue signals and communication though various networks.
A hands-on approach is very much desired, maintaining a strong ownership in the design and practical testing of the system prior to release and managing the subsequent release into manufacture.
Experience with ballistic detection would be an advantage, using either acoustic or optical detection techniques.
Applicants should be driven and react well to challenges and changes in schedule, as the products may require customisation to meet specific requirements.
Understanding of mechanical constraints, such as IP ratings and form factors
Applicant should be capable of managing own workload and reporting of progress
• Design electronics products used for the detection and determination of the position and speed of ballistic objects.
• Analogue electrical designs, including timing circuits, amplification, circuits containing operation amplifiers, peak detect circuitry.
• Hands on experience with pulse and function generators, oscilloscopes and associated test equipment.
• Develop test specifications and quality procedures for board prototypes through manufacture and build
• Able to program microprocessors, such as PIC processors to interpret incoming analogue or digital signals and to output through a communications network.
• Developing robust communications networks using a variety of communications protocols and advantage, TCP/IP, RS232/RS422/RS485 and wireless communications networks
• Ensure adequate documentation of designs both physical and the generation of indented bills of materials for the products for release onto MRP and to maintain ISO9001 standards.
• Analogue electrical design, operational amplifier circuits, voltage windows, edge detection.
• PCB design, surface mount design. To be able to output manufacturing files to a PCB manufacturer.
• Firmware design and microprocessor programming – C++, experience with microprocessor controllers
• Transmission protocols RS232/RS422/RS485 TCP/IP and wireless protocols.
• LT-Spice / PSpice
• C++, WinAPI programming, LabView, Matlab, Simulink
• VHDL, Verilog
• Familiarity with CAD packages.
• Experience with following an advantage: AutoCAD, Solid works, Solid edge (Siemens).