Senior Certification Engineer
£up to £50,000 + benefits
£up to £50,000 + benefits
It’s more than a job. It’s an opportunity to develop talents and skills; to think laterally and challenge the status quo. The people who work here don’t just create products – they all contribute ideas and energy that inspire us to build better passenger experiences.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit which drives us to pursue our vision, supported by a dedicated team who share our belief – from designers and engineers, through to production, sales and support. Being courageous, helpful and ambitious enables us to take on challenges that other manufacturers simply won’t entertain and it’s those qualities we value and nurture in the people we work with
• Leading a range of certification activities across multiple seating projects you will work directly with the authorities, external (A)DOA and airframe manufactures to deliver acceptable Certification documents.
• Completing all required certification activities in line with the programme and business requirements, these could include static, dynamic, flammability and environmental certification plans and reports.
• Lead structured problem solving activity following undesired project outcomes, pursue to conclusion, document investigation and then communicate and implement lessons learned.
• Compile, review and submit certification & technical publishing documentation, and take responsibility for their quality output and timely delivery.
• Compile or Verify Compliance against certification requirements of certification documentation, test plans and reports to meet applicable regulations, guidance material and specifications.
• Keep up to date, review and understand all applicable regulatory material, guidance material and interpret for project application.
• Develop best practice processes and documentation to support a lean approach to quick turnaround of projects for baseline products.
• To support the generation of CMMs/SBs/TRs/SILs to required industry standards, with the aid of CAD tools and when available products to review the design.
• Keep up to date, review and understand all applicable regulatory material, guidance material and interpret for project application
• Significant commercial experience in a similar Certification Engineer role, ideally in the aircraft interiors industry
• An engineering degree, or
• Demonstrable experience of writing and reviewing test plans, reports and qualification documents
• Must be computer literate
• The ability to analyse and recommend a course of action and/or provide innovative solutions
• Must be able to make clear and unambiguous decisions, passing these on in situations of extreme pressure
• Experience of authoring modification paperwork for an Aerospace application.