Electronics Design Engineer
c. £47,000 + Benefits
c. £47,000 + Benefits
The primary function of this role is to undertake the development of industrial electronic hardware design. The role requires an engineer to create clear well-presented schematic designs, multilayer PCB layouts & working prototypes. There is a need for a good attention to detail, especially when documenting the hardware development through the evaluation and validation stages. The designs need to comply with relevant standards and meet the requirements of the design specification. All development projects are to be delivered to an agreed project plan, on time and to budget. Qualified candidates will possess strong troubleshooting skills, hold a degree in electronics engineering or equivalent and possess the ability to communicate effectively with others. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision, have a passion for electronics and show a successful history in hardware design.
• Produce hardware designs (Block diagrams, Schematics, PCB artwork and BOMs) for various applications
• Assist in the design and setup of experimental rigs to characterize new technologies
• Liaise with manufacturing partners to co-develop proprietary products
• Produce technical information for and service teams
• Produce manufacturing test processes
• Chair hardware design meetings
• Maintain an archive of electronic design data
• Resolve design related problems with in-house manufacturing departments, sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Evaluation testing of new designs prior to release for production.
• As and when necessary overseas travel maybe required to resolve technical issues and personal develop training.
• Degree qualified or equivalent in electronic engineering.
• Significant and established industry related experience in electronic engineering.
• Experience in imaging technologies (displays, line scanners, digital printing etc) is desirable but not essential.
• Understand and manipulate 2D/3D electronic CAD models.
• Experience of design for manufacturing test.
• Experience of using Electronic Design Automation tools
• Knowledge of MetorGraphic is desirable
• Experience in electronics design for microcontroller based systems.
• Basic understanding of software.
• Experience in Analogue and Digital electronics design theory.
• Experience of signal integrity and high speed signaling, power supplies, communication buses, power electronics, peripheral interfacing.
• Experience in using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design tools for design, simulation, synthesis and verification.
• Hands on skills in soldering, building and reworking of prototypes.
• Practical experience of setting up and using electronic test equipment.
• Some experience in leading and managing projects within time and budget constraints.
• Good problem solving skills and root cause analysis
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
• Commercially aware
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities tasks
• Ability to work with minimal supervision (self starter)
• Ability to work to and consistently meet deadlines
• Must be a team player.