(Senior) Electronics / Firmware Design Engineer
£38-48k + Benefits
£38-48k + Benefits
My client, a leading manufacturer of safety critical components are currently looking for two engineers to join their growing R&D / Engineering department; Senior Electronics / Firmware Engineer & Electronics / Firmware Engineer.
The candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in developing embedded microprocessor based consumer or industrial products. Both Electronic circuit design experience and Embedded Software development skills are essential. Above all, you will be extremely innovative and have a can-do attitude. Ideally you will have had previous experience in a manufacturing environment and be able to demonstrate a track record of developing and improving processes, systems and controls.
• Generating innovative product concepts and solutions.
• Electronic design from concept through to production.
• Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout.
• Embedded software development in C.
• Preparing and release of component specifications, Bill of Materials and drawings.
• Specification / development of production test equipment.
• Liaising with suppliers, purchase, quality and Manufacturing
• Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records.
• Participate in field evaluations ensuring best in class cost / quality versus competitors.
• Support and maintenance of current products manufactured in international locations.
• Must be pro-active and results driven
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Experienced in designing for and passing appropriate EMC requirements
• Commercial experience in analogue and digital electrical circuit design for mid/high volume products.
• Experience in designing and laying out PCB’s.
• Able to manage designs and projects from requirements through to manufacture.
• Must have a relevant engineering qualification, preferably a good degree or suitable design experience.
• Experience in RF design and telecoms.
• Low noise analogue circuit design.
• Embedded C development to MISRA C standard.
• Experience in the design of audio products and switched mode power supplies.
This role is based at their Head Office in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and highly motivated individual