Test & Development Engineer
c. £37,000 + Benefits
c. £37,000 + Benefits
To provide expertise and support to the business with regards to the performance capability and functional capability of the product range.
Identify customer problems by replicating the fault. Log faults and communicate problems to appropriate department for resolution. The role works closely together with the software and hardware design teams during product development and product enhancements providing input and analysis. Conduct feasibility studies of new products, repairs and faults on existing products. Additionally the role helps to provide strong internal communications across functions (Service, Quality & Production) to aid problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Replicate customer problems to identify faults. Analyse and document results.
• Liaise with various departments to help resolve issues on the machines.
• Gain in depth knowledge of the operation of the product range in order to assist with product development, continuous improvement, customer quotations, applications testing and analysis, and field issues.
• Support the software and hardware development processes by acting as the end user and feeding back if requirements are understood.
• Support other functions with detailed technical input on new bids and during new platform development projects.
• Support Production team with development of Software and Hardware related SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
• Performance testing of software / hardware and product handling / reject systems and creation of associated data reference matrices.
• Assist in software/hardware issue resolution (root cause analysis).
• Provide strong interface to Service, Quality, & Production teams to relay new knowledge gained.
• Provide system set-up training on complex systems.
• Provide input to development projects based on lessons learned in field issues.
• Support the Technical Author with input to new User and Technical Documentation
• An electrical or electronic engineering background with similar experience
• Degree qualified or City & Guilds 224, ONC or HNC in Electronics / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic systems used in machinery.
• Experience of IT networking of machinery.
• Strong mechanical understanding (moving parts, motors, pneumatics, etc)
• Significant relevant field experience in the use of complex machinery with mechanical, software and hardware electronics content will be beneficial.
• Understanding of product testing methods (EMC, software validation, etc…)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface with all parts of the business internally and externally – particularly with customers.
• Excellent problem solving ability to establish root cause.
• Lateral thinker with an overall vision and understanding of machine processes.
• The role will require occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
• Awareness of Quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001).
• Good abilities with MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint